Sprawled across broad equatorial latitudes…
Stoked and steamed and sensual in the widest sense of the word…
Limned in cadenced song…
Brazil is a conundrum wrapped in a smile inside an irony
(The Matrix Online Network began with artists in the radio and clip below)
“Chegou a hora dessa gente bronzeada mostrar seu valor / The time has come for these bronzed people to show their value…” Música: Assis Valente; Vídeo: Betão Aguiar.
Have you ever noticed, dear friend, how different places scattered across the face of the globe seem almost to exist in different universes? As if they were permeated throughout with something akin to 19th century luminiferous aether, unique, determined by that place’s history? It’s like a trick of the mind’s light (I suppose), but standing on beach or escarpment in Salvador and looking out across the Baía de Todos os Santos to the great Recôncavo, and mindful of what happened there, one must be led to the inevitable conclusion that one is in a place unique to history, and to the present…
- 01.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Sina de Cantador.mp3Sina de CantadorRaimundo Sodré4:57s6audio/mpeg100
- 02.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/Hermeto Pascoal, Sebastião Tapajós, Gilson Peranzzetta - Água Limpa.mp3Água LimpaHermeto Pascoal, Gilson Peranzzetta, Sebastião Tapajós4:41s104audio/mpeg100
- 03.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Roça, Boi e Lobisomem.mp3Roça, Boi e LobisomemJoão do Boi6:28s236audio/mpeg100
- 04.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Saints' Vignette I.mp3Saints' VignetteGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga1:53s248audio/mpeg100
- 05.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Por Causa de Você, Menina.mp3Por Causa de Você, MeninaJorge Ben2:08s315audio/mpeg100
- 06.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Magnetismo.mp3MagnetismoRaimundo Sodré3:59s3audio/mpeg100
- 07.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Sambador Falava Baixo.mp3Sambador Falava BaixoBule Bule3:27s269audio/mpeg100
- 08.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Sacando a Cana.mp3Sacando a CanaRaimundo Sodré3:33s1audio/mpeg100
- 09.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 - Jussara Silveira - Canto de Naná-Quem Vem Pra Beira Do Mar - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3Canto de NanãJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil sing & play Dorival Caymmi4:11s18audio/mpeg100
- 10.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Um Punhal Sujo de Sangue.mp3Um Punhal Sujo de SangueBule Bule e Antônio Queiroz3:11s277audio/mpeg100
- 11.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Kriola.mp3KriolaTrio Mocotó5:32s261audio/mpeg100
- 12.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Cordas de Aço.mp3Cordas de AçoGal Costa3:19s301audio/mpeg100
- 13.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Debaixo do Céu.mp3Debaixo do CéuRaimundo Sodré3:31s7audio/mpeg100
- 14.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Zambiapungo.mp3ZambiapungoRoberta Sá & Trio Madeira Brasil4:43s204audio/mpeg100
- 15.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Guerreira Rainha.mp3Guerreira RainhaRaimundo Sodré3:13s262audio/mpeg100
- 16.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Chora, Cavaquinho.mp3Chora, CavaquinhoPaulinho da Viola2:02s30audio/mpeg100
- 17.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Jongo.mp3JongoRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:11s45audio/mpeg100
- 18.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Descendo a Serra.mp3Descendo a SerraDi Freitas4:28s331audio/mpeg100
- 19.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 A Baiana Deu Sinal.mp3A Baiana Deu SinalRoque Ferreira2:32s200audio/mpeg100
- 20.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 - Jussara Silveira - Você Diz Que Amar É Crime-Vou Vê Juliana - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3Vou Ver JulianaJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil3:44s13audio/mpeg100
- 21.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Yá África.mp3Yá ÁfricaRaimundo Sodré3:39s10audio/mpeg100
- 22.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/16 - Flora Purim - Nem o Mar Sabia.mp3Nem o Mar SabiaFlora Purim2:15s146audio/mpeg100
- 23.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Obaluaê.mp3ObaluaêOs Tincoãs2:10s323audio/mpeg100
- 24.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Desejo de Amar.mp3Desejo de AmarRaimundo Sodré3:46s8audio/mpeg100
- 25.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 A Volta de Xanduzinha.mp3A Volta de XanduzinhaJussara Silveira3:24s338audio/mpeg100
- 26.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/13 Guaraú.mp3GuaraúAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós3:52s289audio/mpeg100
- 27.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Argumento.mp3ArgumentoTeresa Cristina2:42s219audio/mpeg100
- 28.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Luandê.mp3LuandêGilberto Gil singing Ederaldo Gentil4:12s223audio/mpeg100
- 29.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Oju Obá.mp3Oju ObáGilberto Gil & Oju Obá3:47s97audio/mpeg100
- 30.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Tempo Feliz.mp3Tempo FelizBaden Powell4:22s25audio/mpeg100
- 31.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Odete Amaral - Sei Lá Mangueira.mp3Sei Lá MangueiraOdete Amaral3:40s87audio/mpeg100
- 32.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Prelúdio Da Rosa.mp3Prelúdio da RosaTuríbio Santos2:45s152audio/mpeg100
- 33.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 - Jussara Silveira - Yayá Não Sabe-Você Não Sabe Amar - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3Yayá Não SabeJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil4:43s20audio/mpeg100
- 34.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Esta Melodia.mp3Esta MelodiaJamelão4:47s108audio/mpeg100
- 35.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Pedacinhos Do Céu.mp3Pedaçinhos do CéuRosinha de Valença3:03s147audio/mpeg100
- 36.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Ilê-Aiyê.mp3Ilê AiyêPaulinho Feijão & Ilê Aiyê3:36s96audio/mpeg100
- 37.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Gostoso Veneno.mp3Gostoso VenenoWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes3:22s118audio/mpeg100
- 38.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Menina Mulher da Pele Preta.mp3Menina Mulher da Pele PretaJorge Ben2:57s59audio/mpeg100
- 39.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Lamentos.mp3LamentosBaden Powell3:27s26audio/mpeg100
- 40.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Samba, Canto Livre de um Povo.mp3Samba, Canto Livre de um PovoEderaldo Gentil3:32s75audio/mpeg100
- 41.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Mar Grande.mp3Mar GrandeGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga6:13s246audio/mpeg100
- 42.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 - Various - Paradiso - Paradiso.mp3ParadisoCelso Fonseca & Ronaldo Bastos5:24s232audio/mpeg100
- 43.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 - Agô - Oxanguian.mp3OxanguianGuga Stroeter4:19s38audio/mpeg100
- 44.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Axeji.mp3AxejiJurandir Santana5:51s335audio/mpeg100
- 45.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Morena boca de ouro.mp3Morena Boca de OuroJoão Gilberto singing Ary Barroso1:58s227audio/mpeg100
- 46.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Magnólia.mp3MagnóliaJorge Ben3:15s61audio/mpeg100
- 47.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Gabi's Groove.mp3Gabi's GrooveGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga4:00s253audio/mpeg100
- 48.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Canto de Iemanjá.mp3Canto de YemanjáBaden Powell6:03s188audio/mpeg100
- 49.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Olokofé.mp3OlokoféWilson Moreira4:17s340audio/mpeg100
- 50.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Coité, Cuia.mp3Coité, CuiaWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes2:55s112audio/mpeg100
- 51.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Deslize da vida.mp3Deslize da VidaArgemiro Patrocínio3:19s124audio/mpeg100
- 52.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Canto de Ossanha.mp3Canto de OssanhaBaden Powell6:52s293audio/mpeg100
- 53.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Meu Mundo É Hoje.mp3Meu Mundo é HojePaulinho da Viola1:24s27audio/mpeg100
- 54.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Chuva.mp3ChuvaBaden Powell & Maurício Einhorn4:44s23audio/mpeg100
- 55.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Domingo no Pelô.mp3Domingo no PelôGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga6:57s83audio/mpeg100
- 56.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - Jussara Silveira - Lá Vem a Baiana - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3Lá Vem a BaianaJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil4:03s12audio/mpeg100
- 57.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Encanteria.mp3EncanteriaMaria Bethânia2:47s192audio/mpeg100
- 58.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 - Jussara Silveira - Maracangalha - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3MaracangalhaJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil4:01s16audio/mpeg100
- 59.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Nelson Cavaquinho - Não Vem (Assim Não Dá).mp3Não Vem (Assim Não Dá)Elton Medeiros3:23s82audio/mpeg100
- 60.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 A Preta do Acarajé.mp3A Preta do AcarajéDorival Caymmi3:12s171audio/mpeg100
- 61.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 - Odum Orím - Exú.mp3ExuGrupo Ofá0:54s207audio/mpeg100
- 62.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Alma Brasileira.mp3Alma BrasileiraJurandir Santana4:35s334audio/mpeg100
- 63.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Oração pra Yá Oxum.mp3Oração pra Yá OxumRaimundo Sodré4:04s9audio/mpeg100
- 64.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Deixa.mp3DeixaBaden Powell3:56s24audio/mpeg100
- 65.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Mêrêrê.mp3MêrêrêRaimundo Sodré3:56s4audio/mpeg100
- 66.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Uma Tarde no Sertão.mp3Uma Tarde no SertãoLuciano Calazans4:44s339audio/mpeg100
- 67.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Olori.mp3OloriPaulo César Pinheiro & Olori3:06s94audio/mpeg100
- 68.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Ruas Que Sonhei.mp3Ruas que SonheiAmélia Rabello & Paulinho da Viola2:00s29audio/mpeg100
- 69.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Vento Forte.mp3Vento ForteEderaldo Gentil3:06s73audio/mpeg100
- 70.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Estrela.mp3EstrelaMaria Bethânia3:05s328audio/mpeg100
- 71.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 - Agô - Oxossi.mp3OxossiGuga Stroeter4:28s34audio/mpeg100
- 72.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Na Beira do Mar.mp3Na Beira do MarOs Tincoãs2:01s320audio/mpeg100
- 73.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Viola Meu Bem.mp3Viola Meu BemJoão do Boi3:09s240audio/mpeg100
- 74.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Quem Te Viu Quem Te Vê.mp3Quem Te Viu Quem Te VêZeca Pagodinho4:03s109audio/mpeg100
- 75.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - Pau Puro.mp3Pau PuroBule Bule4:20s268audio/mpeg100
- 76.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Em uma noite de verão.mp3Em uma Noite de VerãoArgemiro Patrocínio2:55s128audio/mpeg100
- 77.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 A Massa.mp3A MassaRaimundo Sodré4:22s2audio/mpeg100
- 78.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Na Água do Rio.mp3Na Água do RioSilas de Oliveira2:33s325audio/mpeg100
- 79.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - Agô - Exú.mp3ExuGuga Stroeter3:26s33audio/mpeg100
- 80.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 Coisas Do Mundo, Minha Nêga.mp3Coisas do Mundo, Minha NêgaPaulinho da Viola3:18s31audio/mpeg100
- 81.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 - Banho de Manjericão.mp3Banho de ManjericãoBule Bule com Xangai3:59s271audio/mpeg100
- 82.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Viola Meu Bem.mp3Viola Meu BemRoque Ferreira5:05s197audio/mpeg100
- 83.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Meu Rio, Cadê o Papel.mp3Meu Rio, Cadê o PapelRaimundo Sodré3:13s11audio/mpeg100
- 84.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 - Agô - Xangô.mp3XangôGuga Stroeter4:21s37audio/mpeg100
- 85.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Antonico.mp3AntonicoElza Soares2:08s132audio/mpeg100
- 86.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Tempo de Criança.mp3Tempo de CriançaTuríbio Santos3:46s176audio/mpeg100
- 87.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Noventa Anos de Abolição.mp390 Anos de AboliçãoWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes2:56s114audio/mpeg100
- 88.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Taiaçupeba.mp3TaiaçupebaAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós2:26s287audio/mpeg100
- 89.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Os Orixás.mp3Os OrixásTrio Mocotó4:10s257audio/mpeg100
- 90.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 - Que Moça Bonita é Aquela.mp3Que Moça Bonita é AquelaBule Bule com Raimundo Sodré3:38s272audio/mpeg100
- 91.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Só se vê na Bahia.mp3Só se Ver na BahiaRoberto Mendes3:31s244audio/mpeg100
- 92.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Chove Chuva.mp3Chove ChuvaJorge Ben3:06s308audio/mpeg100
- 93.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Choro Nº 11.mp3Choro Nº 11Altamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós2:25s283audio/mpeg100
- 94.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Ladeiras.mp3LadeirasEderaldo Gentil3:25s76audio/mpeg100
- 95.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 A Tamba.mp3A TambaJorge Ben3:04s313audio/mpeg100
- 96.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - A Fome e a Vontade de Comer.mp3A Fome e a Vontade de ComerBule Bule e Antônio Queiroz2:45s276audio/mpeg100
- 97.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/15 Um Sarau Para Raphael.mp3Um Sarau para RaphaelPaulinho da Viola4:39s32audio/mpeg100
- 98.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Capiná no Canaviá.mp3Capiná no CanaviáJoão do Boi with Raimundo Sodré9:29s238audio/mpeg100
- 99.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Alma de violinos.mp3Alma de ViolinosRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:08s48audio/mpeg100
- 100.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Hermes Trismegisto e Sua Celeste Tábua de Esmeralda.mp3Hermes Trismegisto e Sua Celeste Tábua de EsmeraldaJorge Ben3:31s65audio/mpeg100
- 101.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Voltei Amor.mp3Voltei AmorTrio Mocotó3:32s212audio/mpeg100
- 102.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Salsa com Baião.mp3Salsa com BaiãoDi Freitas3:19s333audio/mpeg100
- 103.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Manhã de um Novo Dia.mp3Manhã de um Novo DiaEderaldo Gentil3:14s68audio/mpeg100
- 104.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Dizem que o amor.mp3Dizem Que o AmorArgemiro Patrocínio & Marisa Monte2:19s126audio/mpeg100
- 105.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Malê Debalê.mp3Malê de BalêLazzo Matumbi & Malê de Balê3:22s93audio/mpeg100
- 106.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Rainha do Mar.mp3Rainha do MarDorival Caymmi1:47s173audio/mpeg100
- 107.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Maracangalha e Santo Amaro.mp3Maracangalha e Santo AmaroJoão do Boi1:21s239audio/mpeg100
- 108.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Agô - Agadecer e Abraçar.mp3Agradecer e AbraçarGerônimo & Guga Stroeter6:02s35audio/mpeg100
- 109.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 O Carro Virou na Ladeira.mp3O Carro Virou na LadeiraRoque Ferreira4:01s198audio/mpeg100
- 110.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Voz e Vento.mp3Voz e VentoHermeto Pascoal3:22s102audio/mpeg100
- 111.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 - Agô - Xaxará.mp3XaxaráGuga Stroeter4:21s36audio/mpeg100
- 112.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Os Tincoãs - Obaluaê.mp3ObaluaêOs Tincoãs2:10s86audio/mpeg100
- 113.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 - Agô - Quebrando Pratos.mp3Quebrando PratosGuga Stroeter3:56s39audio/mpeg100
- 114.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Dois de Fevereiro.mp3Dois de FevereiroEderaldo Gentil3:21s67audio/mpeg100
- 115.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Jardim do Amor.mp3Jardim do AmorRaimundo Sodré3:38s5audio/mpeg100
- 116.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Teste ao Samba.mp3Teste ao SambaManacéia e a Velha Guarda da Portela2:40s326audio/mpeg100
- 117.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Interrogando.mp3InterrogandoAntônio Adolfo e Nó em Pingo d'Água2:40s291audio/mpeg100
- 118.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Sonho Meu.mp3Sonho MeuDona Ivone Lara4:32s149audio/mpeg100
- 119.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Silêncio de um Cipreste.mp3Silêncio de um CipresteCartola2:50s299audio/mpeg100
- 120.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 - Agô - Iemanjá.mp3IemanjáGuga Stroeter4:42s40audio/mpeg100
- 121.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Deixa a Gira Girá.mp3Deixa a Gira GiráOs Tincoãs3:12s317audio/mpeg100
- 122.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Alma de violinos.mp3Alma de ViolinosRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:08s47audio/mpeg100
- 123.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 - Agô - Caboclos.mp3CaboclosGuga Stroeter5:17s42audio/mpeg100
- 124.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 - Um Pedaço de Mim Morreu no Samba.mp3Um Pedaço de Mim Morreu no SambaBule Bule3:17s270audio/mpeg100
- 125.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Conversa de botequim.mp3Conversa de BotequimRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas2:47s44audio/mpeg100
- 126.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Tim Dom Dom.mp3Tim Dom DomJorge Ben2:22s305audio/mpeg100
- 127.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/Festa na Macuca - Jovino Santos Neto.mp3Festa na MacucaJovino Santos Neto12:39s201audio/mpeg100
- 128.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Uala, Ualala.mp3Uala, UalalaJorge Ben2:09s312audio/mpeg100
- 129.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/samba_dizzy_triomocoto.mp3SambaDizzy Gillespie & Trio Mocotó6:24s229audio/mpeg100
- 130.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 O Namorado da Viúva.mp3O Namorado da ViuvaJorge Ben3:31s64audio/mpeg100
- 131.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Samba do Irajá.mp3Samba do IrajáWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes4:33s116audio/mpeg100
- 132.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Escovado.mp3EscovadoRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:11s46audio/mpeg100
- 133.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Canto de Xangô.mp3Canto de XangôBaden Powell5:54s187audio/mpeg100
- 134.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Mas, Que Nada!.mp3Mas, Que Nada!Jorge Ben3:02s304audio/mpeg100
- 135.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Escapulindo.mp3EscapulindoTuríbio Santos2:48s178audio/mpeg100
- 136.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 - A Máquina de Lavar Roupa.mp3A Máquina de Lavar RoupaBule Bule e Antônio Queiroz3:12s278audio/mpeg100
- 137.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Coisas do Mundo, Minha Nega.mp3Coisas do Mundo, Minha NegaTeresa Cristina3:11s220audio/mpeg100
- 138.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Amor Proibido.mp3Amor ProibidoPaulinho da Viola2:54s298audio/mpeg100
- 139.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Canto de Ossanha.mp3Canto de OssanhaBaden Powell & Vinícius de Moraes4:15s84audio/mpeg100
- 140.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Com que roupa - Se você jurar.mp3Com Que Roupa, Se Você JurarElza Soares & Miltinho4:32s121audio/mpeg100
- 141.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/Hermeto Pascoal, Sebastião Tapajós, Gilson Peranzzetta - Encontro com as Águas.mp3Encontro com as ÁguasHermeto Pascoal, Gilson Peranzzetta, Sebastião Tapajós4:10s107audio/mpeg100
- 142.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Segura ele.mp3Segura EleRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas2:47s52audio/mpeg100
- 143.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 - Jussara Silveira - Nem Eu - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3Nem EuJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil4:51s15audio/mpeg100
- 144.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Errare Humanum Est.mp3Errare Humanum EstJorge Ben4:50s58audio/mpeg100
- 145.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Graúna.mp3GraúnaRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas2:47s54audio/mpeg100
- 146.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Os Alquimistas Estão Chegando os Alquimistas.mp3Estão Chegando os AlquimistasJorge Ben3:15s56audio/mpeg100
- 147.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Assum Preto.mp3Assum PretoAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós3:03s286audio/mpeg100
- 148.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Todo dia é dia.mp3Todo Dia é DiaElza Soares & Miltinho2:01s127audio/mpeg100
- 149.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 - Jussara Silveira - Adalgisa - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3AdalgisaJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil2:50s21audio/mpeg100
- 150.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Coroa do Mar.mp3Caroa do MarMaria Bethânia2:56s193audio/mpeg100
- 151.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 - Raul de Souza - A Vontade Mesmo.mp3A Vontade MesmoRaul de Souza4:41s145audio/mpeg100
- 152.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 In-Lê-In-Lá.mp3In-Lê-In-LáEderaldo Gentil2:57s71audio/mpeg100
- 153.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Desvairada.mp3DesvairadaRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas2:47s53audio/mpeg100
- 154.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Eu Vou Torcer.mp3Eu Vou TorcerJorge Ben2:57s60audio/mpeg100
- 155.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Muzenza.mp3MuzenzaEdil Pacheco & Muzenza3:47s98audio/mpeg100
- 156.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 O Homem da Gravata Florida.mp3O Homen da Gravata FloridaJorge Ben3:33s57audio/mpeg100
- 157.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Labareda.mp3LabaredaBaden Powell6:10s185audio/mpeg100
- 158.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Água pra Eu Beber.mp3Água pra Eu BeberRoque Ferreira3:32s196audio/mpeg100
- 159.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/13 Canto do Obá.mp3Canto do ObáDorival Caymmi3:59s175audio/mpeg100
- 160.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Odeon.mp3OdeonRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:31s50audio/mpeg100
- 161.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 - Odum Orím - Ramunha.mp3RamunhaGrupo Ofá0:58s210audio/mpeg100
- 162.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Minha Teimosia, uma Arma pra te Conquistar.mp3Minha Teimosia, uma Arma pra Te ConquistarJorge Ben2:41s62audio/mpeg100
- 163.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Ogundê.mp3OgundêOs Tincoãs2:19s319audio/mpeg100
- 164.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Apelo.mp3ApeloBaden Powell4:18s292audio/mpeg100
- 165.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 The Hermetic Arts.mp3The Hermetic ArtsGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga5:44s249audio/mpeg100
- 166.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Sim.mp3SimElizeth Cardoso3:03s295audio/mpeg100
- 167.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Canto do Caboclo de Pedra Preta.mp3Canto do Caboclo de Pedra PretaBaden Powell3:41s186audio/mpeg100
- 168.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Samba de Orfeu.mp3Samba de OrfeuLuiz Bonfá2:00s181audio/mpeg100
- 169.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Jaguari.mp3JaguariAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós3:45s285audio/mpeg100
- 170.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Beijo na boca - Requebre que eu dou um doce - Tem que ter.mp3Beijo na BocaElza Soares & Miltinho3:13s122audio/mpeg100
- 171.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 - Sou Manso - Viola em Caco.mp3Sou Manso - Viola em CacoBule Bule4:38s273audio/mpeg100
- 172.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Candongueiro.mp3CandongueiroWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes3:09s117audio/mpeg100
- 173.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Enlouqueci.mp3EnloqueciElza Soares & Miltinho9:40s129audio/mpeg100
- 174.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 1 X 0.mp31 X 0Raphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas5:47s49audio/mpeg100
- 175.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Um Chorinho Diferente.mp3Um Chorinho DiferenteAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós4:04s281audio/mpeg100
- 176.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Viola Fora De Moda.mp3Viola Fora de ModaGeraldo Azevedo & Marco Pereira4:11s215audio/mpeg100
- 177.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Zumbi.mp3ZumbiJorge Ben2:41s63audio/mpeg100
- 178.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Dia de Festa.mp3Dia de FestaEderaldo Gentil3:09s69audio/mpeg100
- 179.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Cinco Minutos (5 Minutos).mp3Cinco MinutosJorge Ben2:56s66audio/mpeg100
- 180.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 - Nasceu no Samba Romeu.mp3Nasceu no Samba RomeuBule Bule3:18s274audio/mpeg100
- 181.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Gotas de Veneno.mp3Gotas de VenenoWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes3:36s113audio/mpeg100
- 182.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Jussara Silveira - Milagre-História Pro Sinhozinho - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3MilagreJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil4:15s14audio/mpeg100
- 183.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Xirê.mp3XirêRoberta Sá & Trio Madeira Brasil3:26s206audio/mpeg100
- 184.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Tico-Tico no Fubá.mp3Tico-Tico no FubáAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós4:52s282audio/mpeg100
- 185.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Alvorada.mp3AlvoradaClara Nunes2:34s297audio/mpeg100
- 186.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Estamos Aí.mp3Estamos AíAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós3:25s279audio/mpeg100
- 187.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Mal de amor.mp3Mal de AmorMiltinho2:16s131audio/mpeg100
- 188.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Distração.mp3DistraçãoRoberto Mendes & Vânia Abreu2:53s245audio/mpeg100
- 189.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 De Menor.mp3De MenorEderaldo Gentil4:02s74audio/mpeg100
- 190.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 - Agô - Muzenza.mp3MuzenzaGuga Stroeter3:15s41audio/mpeg100
- 191.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Cravo e Canela.mp3Cravo e CanelaJurandir Santana4:57s337audio/mpeg100
- 192.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Capricho de Santa Cecília.mp3Capricho de Santa CecíliaHamilton de Holanda3:47s78audio/mpeg100
- 193.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Bereketê.mp3BereketêEderaldo Gentil3:11s77audio/mpeg100
- 194.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 A saudade me traz.mp3A Saudade Me TrazArgemiro Patrocíonio & Zeca Pagodinho2:13s120audio/mpeg100
- 195.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Sete Trovas.mp3Sete TrovasMaria Bethânia2:44s329audio/mpeg100
- 196.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Nereu Nereu.mp3Nereu NereuTrio Mocotó4:28s256audio/mpeg100
- 197.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 - Jussara Silveira - Horas - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3HorasJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil2:42s19audio/mpeg100
- 198.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Mandingo.mp3MandingoRoberta Sá & Trio Madeira Brasil3:30s202audio/mpeg100
- 199.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Guardei Minha Viola.mp3Guardei Minha ViolaPaulinho da Viola2:34s79audio/mpeg100
- 200.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Flight of the Sparrow.mp3Flight of the SparrowGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga5:29s254audio/mpeg100
- 201.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Faceira.mp3FaceiraRosa Passos2:35s80audio/mpeg100
- 202.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Bahian Lullabye.mp3Bahian LullabyeGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga5:26s247audio/mpeg100
- 203.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Só Chora Quem Ama.mp3Só Chora Quem AmaWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes9:44s111audio/mpeg100
- 204.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Rose.mp3RoseEderaldo Gentil2:56s70audio/mpeg100
- 205.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Conselho.mp3ConselhoCasquinha e a Velha Guarda da Portela2:21s327audio/mpeg100
- 206.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Na Água do Rio.mp3Na Água do RioSilas de Oliveira2:33s81audio/mpeg100
- 207.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Não Tem Tradução.mp3Não Tem TraduçãoJoão Nogueira2:32s85audio/mpeg100
- 208.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Iansã, Mãe Virgem.mp3Iansã, Mãe VirgemOs Tincoãs1:53s318audio/mpeg100
- 209.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Nana Caymmi - Vou Ver Juliana.mp3Vou Ver JulianaNana Caymmi3:40s88audio/mpeg100
- 210.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Rosinha, Essa Menina.mp3Rosinha, Essa MeninaPaulinho da Viola1:42s28audio/mpeg100
- 211.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Sons de carrilhões.mp3Sons de CarrilhõesRaphael Rabello & Dino 7 Cordas3:00s51audio/mpeg100
- 212.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Canto de Nanã.mp3Canto de NanãDorival Caymmi2:33s160audio/mpeg100
- 213.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Dona de Casa Cheguei Agora.mp3Dona de Casa Cheguei AgoraRoque Ferreira4:18s195audio/mpeg100
- 214.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 Inquietação.mp3InquietaçãoElizeth Cardoso3:49s89audio/mpeg100
- 215.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/15 Grooveria - Com Que Roupa.mp3Com Que RoupaGrooveria3:49s90audio/mpeg100
- 216.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/17 Morena_Boca_de_Ouro_-_Marco_Pereira.mp3Morena Boca de OuroMarco Pereira3:49s91audio/mpeg100
- 217.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 - Odum Orím - Oxum.mp3OxumGrupo Ofá1:00s209audio/mpeg100
- 218.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/18 Alegria (26-07-1937).mp3AlegriaOrlando Silva3:22s92audio/mpeg100
- 219.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 - Jussara Silveira - O Anjo da Noite - Cancoes de Caymmi.mp3O Anjo da NoiteJussara Silveira & Luiz Brasil2:27s17audio/mpeg100
- 220.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Afreketê.mp3AfreketêGilson Nascimento & Afreketê3:43s95audio/mpeg100
- 221.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Olodum.mp3OlodumMargareth Menezes & Olodum3:44s99audio/mpeg100
- 222.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Samba, Cachaça e Viola.mp3Samba, Cachaça e ViolaJoão do Boi9:19s235audio/mpeg100
- 223.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Menina Bonita Não Chora.mp3Menina Bonita Não ChoraJorge Ben2:08s314audio/mpeg100
- 224.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Ara Ketu.mp3Ara-KêtoPaulino Arakêto & Arakêto3:23s100audio/mpeg100
- 225.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 - Agô - Agô.mp3AgôGuga Stroeter5:27s43audio/mpeg100
- 226.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Ijexa.mp3IjexáTribo Nação Ijexá3:20s101audio/mpeg100
- 227.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Música das Nuvens e do Chão.mp3Música das Nuvens e do ChãoHermeto Pascoal3:54s103audio/mpeg100
- 228.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Água da Minha Sede.mp3Água da Minha SedeRoberta Sá & Trio Madeira Brasil4:03s205audio/mpeg100
- 229.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Tum, Tum, Tum.mp3Tum, Tum, TumJoão do Boi8:00s241audio/mpeg100
- 230.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/Hermeto Pascoal, Sebastião Tapajós, Gilson Peranzzetta - Marco Zero.mp3Marco ZeroHermeto Pascoal, Gilson Peranzzetta, Sebastião Tapajós3:21s106audio/mpeg100
- 231.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Camarão que dorme a onda leva.mp3Camarão que Dorme a Onda LevaArlindo Cruz3:13s110audio/mpeg100
- 232.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Ao Povo em Forma de Arte.mp3Ao Povo em Forma de ArteWilson Moreira & Nei Lopes4:18s119audio/mpeg100
- 233.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Cadê Rosalina.mp3Cadê RosalinaArgemiro Patrocínio3:55s123audio/mpeg100
- 234.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Louco de saudade.mp3Louco de SaudadeMiltinho1:56s133audio/mpeg100
- 235.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 A chuva cai.mp3A Chuva CaiArgemiro Patrocínio2:23s134audio/mpeg100
- 236.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - Walter Santos - Samba pro Pedrinho.mp3Samba pro PedrinhoWalter Santos3:22s135audio/mpeg100
- 237.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 - Flora Purim - Sabe Voce.mp3Sabe VocêFlora Purim3:03s136audio/mpeg100
- 238.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Raul de Souza - Estamos Ai.mp3Estamos AíRaul de Souza2:50s137audio/mpeg100
- 239.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 - Leny Andrade - Receita para Esquecer.mp3Receita para EsquecerLeny Andrade1:34s139audio/mpeg100
- 240.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 - Trio 3-D - So Tinha de ser com Voce.mp3Só Tinha que Ser com VocêTrio 3-D2:55s140audio/mpeg100
- 241.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 - Flora Purim - Cartao de Visita.mp3Cartão de VisitaFlora Purim2:49s141audio/mpeg100
- 242.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Desfarça e Chora.mp3Desfarça e ChoraCartola1:58s294audio/mpeg100
- 243.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Oceano de Paz.mp3Oceano da PazVânia Bárbara singing Ederaldo Gentil3:44s224audio/mpeg100
- 244.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Saudação aos Orixás.mp3Saudação aos OrixásOs Tincoãs2:01s321audio/mpeg100
- 245.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Quincas' Last Crawl.mp3Quincas' Last CrawlGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga5:51s252audio/mpeg100
- 246.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 - Conjunto Mario Castro Neves - Vem Balancar.mp3Vem BalançarConjunto Mário Castro-Neves1:59s143audio/mpeg100
- 247.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Usina De Prata.mp3Usina de PrataMaria Bethânia2:45s148audio/mpeg100
- 248.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Rosinha, Essa Menina.mp3Rosinha, Essa MeninaYamandu Costa2:57s150audio/mpeg100
- 249.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Pedacinhos do Céu.mp3Pedacinhos do CéuAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós5:20s280audio/mpeg100
- 250.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Interior.mp3InteriorAlcione3:26s151audio/mpeg100
- 251.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Mais Uma Rosa.mp3Mais uma RosaHermeto Pascoal5:04s153audio/mpeg100
- 252.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Patrão prenda seu gado.mp3Patrão Prenda Seu GadoDonga3:47s154audio/mpeg100
- 253.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Tocata para Billy Blanco.mp3Tocata para Billy BlancoAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós4:50s288audio/mpeg100
- 254.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Acontece.mp3AcontecePaulinho da Viola3:02s296audio/mpeg100
- 255.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Promessa de Pescador.mp3Promessa de PescadorDorival Caymmi4:53s155audio/mpeg100
- 256.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Yaô.mp3YaôJoão da Baiana2:33s156audio/mpeg100
- 257.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Rosa, Menina Rosa.mp3Rosa, Menina RosaJorge Ben2:16s310audio/mpeg100
- 258.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Negrume da Noite.mp3Negrume da NoiteVirgínia Rodriguez4:37s330audio/mpeg100
- 259.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/13 Quem Me Vê Sorrindo.mp3Quem Me Vê SorrindoCartola2:06s303audio/mpeg100
- 260.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Morena do Mar.mp3Morena do MarDorival Caymmi2:33s157audio/mpeg100
- 261.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Canto de Ossanha.mp3Canto de OssanhaBaden Powell4:15s184audio/mpeg100
- 262.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 A tua sina.mp3A Tua SinaClementina de Jesus2:11s158audio/mpeg100
- 263.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Canto pra Yemanjá.mp3Canto pra YemanjáOs Tincoãs2:19s322audio/mpeg100
- 264.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Santa Clara Clareou.mp3Santa Clara ClareouDorival Caymmi2:01s159audio/mpeg100
- 265.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Balança Pema.mp3Balança PemaJorge Ben1:30s306audio/mpeg100
- 266.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Seu Mané.mp3Seu ManéLeci Brandão & Marçal2:15s161audio/mpeg100
- 267.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 All Saints' Bay.mp3All Saints' BayGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga7:49s251audio/mpeg100
- 268.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Minha Confissão.mp3Minha ConfessãoElton Medeiros & Paulinho da Viola2:34s264audio/mpeg100
- 269.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Dona Chica (Francisca Santos das Flores).mp3Dona ChicaDorival Caymmi2:59s162audio/mpeg100
- 270.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Quê quê rê quê quê.mp3Quê Quê Rê Quê QuêJoão da Baiana2:46s163audio/mpeg100
- 271.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Embaraçado.mp3EmbaraçadoJurandir Santana5:13s336audio/mpeg100
- 272.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Mironga de moça branca.mp3Mironga da Moça BrancaClementina de Jesus1:49s164audio/mpeg100
- 273.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Oração de Mãe Menininha.mp3Oração de Mãe MenininhaDorival Caymmi3:22s165audio/mpeg100
- 274.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Tudo Bem.mp3Tudo BemTrio Mocotó4:03s258audio/mpeg100
- 275.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/06 Estação Barueri.mp3Estação BarueriAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós3:45s284audio/mpeg100
- 276.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Eu Cheguei Lá.mp3Eu Cheguei LáDorival Caymmi1:57s167audio/mpeg100
- 277.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Cabide de molambo.mp3Cabide de MolamboJoão da Baiana3:27s168audio/mpeg100
- 278.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Cinco de julho.mp3Cinco de JulhoDonga2:44s169audio/mpeg100
- 279.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Batuque na cozinha.mp3Batuque na CozinhaJoão da Baiana3:23s172audio/mpeg100
- 280.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Manhã de Carnaval.mp3Manhã de CarnavalElizeth Cardoso2:42s180audio/mpeg100
- 281.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Vem, Morena Vem.mp3Vem, Morena VemJorge Ben1:59s307audio/mpeg100
- 282.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Valsa da Vida.mp3Valsa da VidaTuríbio Santos2:48s177audio/mpeg100
- 283.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Tema do boneco de palha.mp3Tema do Boneco de PalhaRosinha de Valença2:52s179audio/mpeg100
- 284.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Cor de Cinza.mp3Cor de CinzaZezé Gonzaga2:43s316audio/mpeg100
- 285.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Teste ao Samba.mp3Teste ao SambaManacéa & A Velha Guarda da Portela2:40s182audio/mpeg100
- 286.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Com que roupa.mp3Com Que RoupaRosinha de Valença playing Noel Rosa2:19s183audio/mpeg100
- 287.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Variações Sobre Berimbau.mp3Variações Sobre BerimbauBaden Powell6:05s189audio/mpeg100
- 288.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/10 Duro com duro.mp3Duro com DuroAmélia Rabello3:01s190audio/mpeg100
- 289.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Santa Morena.mp3Santa MorenaTrio Madeira Brasil2:33s191audio/mpeg100
- 290.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Feita Na Bahia.mp3Feita na BahiaMaria Bethânia2:55s194audio/mpeg100
- 291.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Na Beira do Rio.mp3Na Beira do RioRoque Ferreira5:10s199audio/mpeg100
- 292.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Chita Fina.mp3Chita FinaRoberta Sá &Trio Madeira Brasil3:37s203audio/mpeg100
- 293.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 - Odum Orím - Ogum.mp3OgumGrupo Ofá1:00s208audio/mpeg100
- 294.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 A Força da Jurema.mp3A Força da JuremaOs Tincoãs2:14s324audio/mpeg100
- 295.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/03 Meu Amor Já Me Chamou.mp3Meu Amor Já Me ChamouJoão do Boi7:54s237audio/mpeg100
- 296.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/15 Ony Sarue.mp3Ony SaruêMilton Nascimento2:40s211audio/mpeg100
- 297.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 O quitandeiro.mp3O QuintandeiroSururu na Roda3:22s214audio/mpeg100
- 298.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 O ovo.mp3O OvoQuarteto Novo3:59s216audio/mpeg100
- 299.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Choro de cordel.mp3Choro de CordelSivuca & Quinteto Uirapuru4:52s217audio/mpeg100
- 300.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 - Dalva - Beira Mar.mp3Beira MarDona Dalva de Cachoeira3:51s218audio/mpeg100
- 301.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 Foi um Rio que Passou em Minha Vida.mp3Foi um Rio que Passou em Minha VidaTeresa Cristina2:59s221audio/mpeg100
- 302.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/02 Quem Pode Mais Dona da Casa, Eu Vim Aqui.mp3Quem Pode MaisMaria Bethânia & Dona Edith do Prato3:36s222audio/mpeg100
- 303.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Impressão Digital.mp3Impressão DigitalJussara Silveira singing Ederaldo Gentil3:30s225audio/mpeg100
- 304.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Sabiá Cantador.mp3Sabiá CantadorJaír do Cavaquinho & Velha Guarda da Portela3:20s226audio/mpeg100
- 305.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 Aos pés da cruz.mp3Aos Pés da CruzJoão Gilberto1:34s228audio/mpeg100
- 306.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Filhos de Nagô - Filhos de Nagô - Rio Paraguaçu.mp3Rio ParaguaçuFilhos de Nagô4:55s230audio/mpeg100
- 307.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 - Ilha de Maré.mp3Ilha de MaréAlcione singing Walmir Lima3:52s231audio/mpeg100
- 308.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Voce Abusou.mp3Você AbusouAntônio Carlos & Jocafi4:03s233audio/mpeg100
- 309.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 - Elis Regina - Madalena - Feijoada.mp3MadalenaElis Regina2:41s234audio/mpeg100
- 310.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/09 Adeus morena.mp3Adeus MorenaJoão do Boi0:33s242audio/mpeg100
- 311.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Voz guia.mp3Voz GuiaRoberto Mendes2:48s243audio/mpeg100
- 312.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Saints' Vignette II.mp3Saints' Vignette IIGordon Sheard de Lembarenganga1:51s250audio/mpeg100
- 313.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Arvoredo.mp3ArvoredoElton Medeiros & Paulinho da Viola2:22s255audio/mpeg100
- 314.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Não Sei Porque.mp3Não Sei PorqueTrio Mocotó3:13s260audio/mpeg100
- 315.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/05 Momento de Fraqueza.mp3Momento de FraquezaPaulinho da Viola & Elton Medeiros2:20s263audio/mpeg100
- 316.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Adelita.mp3AdelitaTrio Mocotó3:44s265audio/mpeg100
- 317.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Mulher que não dá samba.mp3Mulher que Não Dá SambaCarmen Costa & Paulo Marques singing Paulo Vanzolini2:11s266audio/mpeg100
- 318.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/07 Contrastes.mp3ContrastesIsmael Silva1:55s267audio/mpeg100
- 319.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/13 - Licutixo de Tocos.mp3Licutixo de TocosBule Bule4:02s275audio/mpeg100
- 320.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/14 Aquarela do Brasil.mp3Aquarela do BrasilAltamiro Carrilho, Gilson Peranzzetta, Maurício Einhorn, Sebastião Tapajós4:07s290audio/mpeg100
- 321.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/11 A Canção que Chegou.mp3A Canção que ChegouCartola3:01s302audio/mpeg100
- 322.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/08 Quero Esquecer Você.mp3Quero Esqueçer VocêJorge Ben2:22s311audio/mpeg100
- 323.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/01 Cordeiro de Naná.mp3Cordeiro de NanáOs Tincoãs2:53s341audio/mpeg100
- 324.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/12 Como Eu Te Quero Bem.mp3Como Eu Te Quero BemLuiz Carlos da Vila3:50s342audio/mpeg100
- 325.https://www.matrixonline.net/salvador-bahia-brazil/brazilian_music_stream/04 Palhaço.mp3PalhaçoNelson Cavaquinho2:29s343audio/mpeg100
Brazil is not a European nation. It is not a North American nation. It is not an East Asian nation. Brazil straddles — jungle and desert and dense urban centers — both the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn. Brazil absorbed over ten times the number of enslaved Africans taken to the United States of America, and is a repository of African deities (and their music) now largely forgotten in their lands of origin. It was a refuge (of sorts) for Sephardim fleeing an Inquisition which followed them across the Atlantic (that unofficial symbol of Brazil’s national music — the pandeiro — was almost certainly brought to Brazil by these people). Across the parched savannas of the interior of Brazil’s culturally fecund nordeste/northeast, where wizard Hermeto Pascoal was born in Lagoa da Canoa (Lagoon of the Canoe) and raised in Olho d’Águia (Eye of the Eagle), much of Brazil’s aboriginal population was absorbed into a caboclo/quilombola culture punctuated by the Star of David. Three cultures — from three continents — running for their lives, their confluence forming an unprecedented fourth. Pandeirista on the roof. Nowhere else but here.
Oligarchy, plutocracy, dictatorships and massive corruption — elements of these are still strongly entrenched — have defined, delineated, and limited Brazil.
But strictured & bound as it has been and is, Brazil has buzz…not the shallow buzz of a fashionable moment…but the deep buzz of a population which in spite of — or perhaps because of — the tough slog through life they’ve been allotted by humanity’s dregs-in-fine-linen, have chosen not to simply pull themselves along but to lift their voices in song and their bodies in dance…to eat well and converse well and much and to wring the joy out of the day-to-day happenings and small pleasures of life which are so often set aside or ignored in the European, North American, and East Asian nations.
For this Brazil has a genius perhaps unparalleled in all other countries and societies, a genius which thrives alongside peeling paint and holes in the streets and roads, under bad organization by the powers-that-be, both civil and governmental, under a constant rain of societal indignities…
Which is all to say that if you don’t know Brazil and you’re expecting any semblance of order, progress and light, you will certainly find the light! And the buzz of a people who for generations have responded to privation at many different levels by somehow rising above it all.
“Onde tem miséria, tem música!”* – Raymundo Sodré
And it’s not just music. And it’s not just Brazil.
Welcome to the kitchen!
* “Where there is misery, there is music!” Remarked during a conversation arcing from Bahia to Haiti and Cuba to New Orleans and the south side of Chicago and Harlem to the villages of Ireland and the gypsy camps and shtetls of Eastern Europe…
The network was built in an obscure record shop (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar found it) in a shimmering Brazilian port city…
…inspired in (the kabbalah-inspired fiction of) Borges’ (short story) El Aleph, that in the pillar in Cairo’s Mosque of Amr, where the universe in its entirety throughout all time is perceivable as an infinite hum from deep within the stone.
It was described (to some degree) and can be accessed via this article in British journal The Guardian (which named our radio of matrixed artists as one of ten best in the world):
With David Dye for U.S. National Public Radio: www.npr.org/2013/07/16/202634814/roots-of-samba-exploring-historic-pelourinho-in-salvador-brazil
All is more connected than we imagine.
Per the “spirit” above, our logo is a cortador de cana, a cane-cutter. It was designed by Walter Mariano, professor of design at the Federal University of Bahia to reflect the origins of the music the shop specialized in. The Brazilian “aleph” doesn’t hum… it dances and sings.
While many of the Brazilian musicians in our radio you may not know, pre-Brazil work included (chasing unpaid royalties!) Airto Moreira, Astrud Gilberto and Gilberto Gil. And Aretha Franklin, Barbra Streisand, Led Zeppelin, Jim Hall, Mongo Santamaria, Wah Wah Watson (Melvin Ragin), Philip Glass, The Cadillacs (Earl Carroll), The Flamingos (Zeke and Jake Carey), and others, including Oscar-winning world-class great-guy Robb Royer.
One of the clients of whom I’m most proud was a school janitor, Earl Carroll (this is his New York Times obit). Earl had had big hits in the early ’50s, and by the ’80s was mopping hallways in a middle school on the west side of Manhattan. But he never lost the magic & the beauty that had made him successful in the first place. They were a part of him independently of whether he’d ever gotten further than singing on the street corners of Harlem or not.
That got me wondering about all the great artists out there who had never gotten/would never get into major media pipelines allowing them to be heard beyond their own street corners…
And then here in Salvador I eventually became aware of Raimundo Sodré (the spelling of his name has now reverted to its original “Raymundo”, and there IS a story behind that!).
Sodré rode the roller coaster too. But he was booted off at the top by the dictatorship here in Brazil. His protest song “A Massa” — a chula — primordial Bahian samba — blasted from every radio between the Amazon and Brazil’s industrial south in 1980. Sodré’s career was ruined, he was threatened with death, and he fled into exile, only returning in 1990.
I’d created site Bahia-Online (www.bahia-online.net) back in 2002, at the urging of friends here in Brazil; I was the one who was always off at the sambas where I was the only non-local.
I opened up the record shop in 2005 in order to provide an outlet for great music very few people outside of villages and neighborhoods were able to hear.
In order to reach farther I turned Bahia-Online into Matrix Online (www.matrixonline.net), using the term “matrix” in its original sense of “source”, including (aiming to include) ALL in the arts and creative economy in a system wherein people can curate—recommend—others … all these people interlinked by these recommendations in a small-world network in which they tend to just a few steps apart from each other (they are a subset of the human population in which—also because of the small-world phenomenon—people tend to within the famous “six degrees of separation”)…
Meaning not that everybody in this matrix will be found, in some great sense, but that all will potentially be findable. Not only by others in the Matrix, but by anybody ON the Matrix. And so…
…this matrix is for everybody. But it started with fabulously talented people whose horizons were walled off by circumstances, or by design, and there are myriads more out there on planet earth.
The peninsula upon which Salvador is situated is like the thumb of an open and grasping hand, what is normally thought of as the Recôncavo then being defined by the curved index finger. This way of definition developed when agricultural products were brought to Salvador by boat, sometimes making their way first down the Paraguaçu river after having been carried overland from the sertão (backlands) to Cachoeira, the river debouching into the bay at Maragogipe.
The city of Bahia (as it was usually called then) was crouched on the bay, comprised of a commercial district much smaller in area than today (landfill has increased it greatly), the area around the upper section of the elevator, and what is now called Pelourinho.
Much of the remainder of the peninsula was given to sugarcane plantations, and dotted within the Atlantic rainforest were countless quilombos; both are attested to today in commonly used city names. The neighborhood of Garcia was once Fazenda Garcia (fazenda being a farm or plantation), and this denomination is still used today to distinguish one end of Garcia (fim-de-linha) from the other (the Campo Grande end).
Neighborhoods Engenho Velho de Federação and Engenho Velho de Brotas are so called for the old mills (engenhos velhos) which pressed the caldo (juice, so to speak) from the cane so laboriously hacked out of the fields.
The neighborhood of Cabula is named for an nkisi (deity) of candomblé angola (the first candomblé to arrive in Bahia)…whose rhythms comprise the basis for samba, meaning that the rhythms to which so many in the world inexpertly swayed as Stan Getz’s saxophone soared and João and Astrud Gilberto sensuously intoned — this paragon of suave Brazilian sophistication — was born in the rough senzalas of Bahia. Ironically enough, the barefoot senzala version was/is far more sophisticated than the sophisticated version.
But times have changed, and Cabula is now a crowded, non-descript middle-to-working class Salvador city neighborhood (plenty of candomblé around though), and Engenhos Velhos de Federação and Brotas are swarming working class neighborhoods (ditto the candomblé); the senzala samba, the samba chula and samba-de-roda have disappeared. A vastly simplified and often deeply moronified version — Bahian pagode — is heard everywhere in Salvador, but the real-deal stuff has died out here in the big city.
It remains, however, a potent force on the remainder of its native ground, the Recôncavo proper, where it is danced to on pounded earth, under moonlight broken by banana, palm and mango leaves, lifting the souls of its participants almost like something religious, which it was, and gods aside, is.
Confessions of a Royalties Rescuer
Before dedicating myself to the propagation of Brazilian music and the powerful undercurrents beneath it, I worked rescuing royalties.
By “rescue” I mean that I went after royalties which were not being paid by record companies, both mechanical royalties and performance royalties. I began with one normal and two silent partners, all accountants. Our modus operandi was essentially industrial espionage…the record companies were crooks and we found out where the money was and got it to our clients.
Clients included Barbra Streisand and Aretha Franklin. I never spoke personally to Barbra, dealing with her accountant or lawyer, but I did speak to Aretha. As a matter of fact she called me up and YELLED at me! I was dumbfounded! She’d heard something about the money through the grapevine and thought I had it! It was Atlantic Records, hiding a hundred thousand dollars they owed her. From Brazil I sent the information necessary for the money to be picked up, to her lawyer in Detroit. I’m assuming he paid her.
Allen Klein called me up (you know, he managed Ray Charles and The Beatles and The Rolling Stones?). This was about money due the estate of Sam Cooke. I told him I’d send him our agreement but he didn’t want to pay our commission. That was that.
I got money for a Bob Marley record, from CBS/Sony. This money went to Clement “Coxsone” Dodd, Bob’s first producer. I had to take a copy of Bob’s contract over to Black Rock when I went to argue with their lawyer. This was Bob’s first ever contract, signed when he was seventeen years old and co-signed by his aunt. I carried the original down the street in Brooklyn to a copy shop. The copy I still have. At the time Clement had a record shop in Brooklyn.
I got a phone call from Jerry Ragovoy. You may not know the name but you know his music. He wrote Piece of My Heart, recorded by Janis Joplin. And Time is on My Side, recorded by The Rolling Stones. He co-wrote Pata Pata, that great song recorded by great Miriam Makeba.
I didn’t get money for Jerry, he’d heard about us and like a lot of people was fishing around. Truth of the matter is that there almost certainly was plenty of unpaid money out there due him.
Same of course with Paul Simon. We made a deal with Paul via his royalty manager (Eleanor Swan) via his manager (can’t remember his name), by which we were authorized to audit any/everywhere in the world on Paul’s behalf, and keep 10% of what we found. That deal was worth a fortune! But it was shortly after that that we had the blowup at the business, and I came to Brazil.
We got money for Mongo Santamaria. On that one I worked with his manager Jack Hooke. Jack was an old-school tough-guy music biz guy…we argued by telephone the first time I spoke to him, and then got to be buddies. Jack ran the Monday night jazz at the Village Gate. Jack had been a friend of Alan Freed’s and was with Alan and some other close friends at a place on Broadway when Alan announced that he was going to use the term “rock ‘n’ roll” for his new radio show. Jack was aghast! “You can’t call it that!” he said. Alan said “Don’t worry, the white kids won’t know what it means.”
Label owner, Jack Hooke, born Jacob Horowitz, who managed some of the biggest names in jazz, rock ‘n’ roll and Latin music during 51 years in entertainment, died in 1999. He was 83.
Trained, like his four older brothers, as a tool-and-die maker, he decided in the late 1940’s that he couldn’t stand that line of work. He and a partner bought Royal Roost Records, a tiny jazz label that recorded the likes of Stan Getz, Erroll Garner, Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker. Mr. Hooke became a plugger, traveling to radio stations around the country to promote Royal Roost’s records.
In 1952 he and a friend, the pop music plugger Juggy Gayles, paid a call to WJW in Cleveland where a young DJ, Alan Freed, was playing the latest rhythm ‘n’ blues for a loyal following of black listeners and a growing number of white fans. Freed and Mr. Hooke hit it off immediately, and soon Mr. Hook became the DJ’s manager.
Royal Roost Records
“That was my thing, it didn’t sell twenty copies, but I loved it.” But Hooke’s access to Alan Freed inevitably caused the label owner to try his hand at rock & roll. Starting late in 1955, Roost periodically recorded and released songs by local groups, but despite radio airplay from Freed, the records did not sell in any significant quantity. “I went into bankruptcy twice, and I was struggling”.
Then in the summer of 1956, Roost released a song called “Priscilla,” sung by Brooklyn-born songwriter Eddie Cooley (who had recently written “Fever” for Little Willie John) and three women who called themselves The Dimples. By the fall “Priscilla” had risen to number twenty-six on Billboard’s national “Top 100” chart. Jack Hooke finally had his rock & roll hit and “paid off all his bills.
From John A. Jackson, “Big Beat Heat”, Alan Freed and the early years of rock and roll.
Cat Stevens was our client. We got stiffed on that one. We dealt with his royalty manager who I suspect was the bum.
Jim Hall was our client! I dealt with his wife, who was just the nicest person!
Led Zeppelin were our clients. I’m actually not supposed to mention this—we dealt with their lawyer—and he didn’t want anybody to know that he wasn’t on top of the money situation—but it’s been over 30 years so I’m declaring a statute of limitations on my gagging.
The Brazilians: I LOVE Aretha Franklin and I LOVE Brazilian music! Or a lot of it anyway. I was thrilled to have Airto Moreira as a client! I took his check to him personally at S.O.B.’s—Sounds of Brazil—on Varick Street.
And lovely, sonorous Astrud Gilberto! “The Girl from Ipanema”! She wasn’t really “the girl”, but she sang the famous version of the song together with her then-husband João Gilberto. She lived in Manhattan and we strolled through Greenwich Village…
Gilberto Gil: This was for a laser disc—if you’re old enough you might remember those—and I worked with his rep outside of Brazil, Béco Dranoff, who had an apartment south of Washington Square Park. I talked to Béco about doing the same kind of work in Brazil and he said “You think it’s bad here? In Brazil they have (secret) box one, two, three…” Béco’s done a lot of stuff. He’s Bebel Gilberto’s producer.
There was Ray Barretto. His son was a kid at the time and was watching MTV, and Ray, when walking through the living room, heard his music coming from the TV. It was a Dutch band and “their” song “Deeper Shade of Soul”. “Deeper Shade of Soul” was Ray’s grooooooovy song from 22 years earlier; this new version was interspersed with rap. It all worked out. I got Ray paid.
Philip Glass? I met Philip because at the time I was managing a Mandingo griot from Gambia. Philip was planning to go to Africa in order to research music for the successor to the film Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi. When asking around everybody gave him the same name: Suso. Suso was only interested in taking Philip to one place: Banjul, his village in Gambia (meaning Suso got an all-expenses paid plus trip home to visit his family). So I did the itinerary, secretly. This was before the internet and I did my research at the New York Public Library. One of the places I sent Philip and his team to was Ouagadougou, because it sounded fascinating and has a very cool name!
I’d had this image of Philip as an austerely artsy intellectual full of downtownism. But he is truly a…how should I put this?…greatass guy! He drove a taxi into his 40s or something, finally making it big and getting out of the driver’s seat. He had a nice house on 3rd street I think it was (maybe he still does?) and rode the subway. He loved Brazilian music!
Anyway, at that point in his life he wasn’t desperate for ten thousand dollars, and that’s a good thing because that’s how much of his money CBS/Sony had stashed away in a hidden account. I found out because one of our hidden partners was in the royalty department at CBS at the time. I told Philip’s royalty guy, who called the CBS royalty department and who was told there was nothing there. I called _______ to report what was said, and he said “Tell him to tell them to look in the whatever-it-was file.” Which I did, and lo and behold! the money was there. I bought a nice pair of wingtips with part of my share of the commission Phil paid us.
One of my other—silent—partners had been director of royalties at both Atlantic and PolyGram. I asked why they didn’t just pay the artists what they’d agreed to pay them. He said they were instructed to hang on to as much money as they could. This created something of a conundrum for artists. At that time, audits on behalf of individual artists were done by accounting firms. And these firms charged a minimum of ten grand to do an audit. Then they’d send an accountant who’d worked in the industry to do the auditing, paying him a fraction of what was brought into the firm.
Artists. songwriters and their reps, not knowing how rampant, endemic and standard the cheating was, weren’t usually inclined to spend that kind of money when they weren’t sure if they’d be getting anything for it.
We, on the other hand, did not charge up front. The money went straight from the record company to the artist/songwriter/rep, who then paid us. That’s how the Cat Stevens money we’d earned never got to us.
We didn’t always get it right. I contacted KC of KC & The Sunshine Band (That’s the way, uh huh, uh huh) to tell him I could get him 90,000 dollars. THEN it turned out the money was cross-collateralized, so he wasn’t owed. That man was very upset! I had to endure a dressing-down by KC of the damn Sunshine Band! Was it my fault he had a worthless lawyer?
TWO BLACK AMERICAS
The area around the great bay over which Salvador presides like a rough-cut but radiant black diamond is where the profoundest root of Afro-Brazilian civilization gave rise to the fluorescence which continues to illuminate (and move) Brazil…after a journey closely paralleling that of the cultural genius of African-Americans in the United States…
The U.S. was scene of a world-shaking migration from the plantation country of the rural south to the cities of the north. These people… (continue…)
Did you know that Brazil has a pantheon? In the sense that the Greeks and the Romans did? The Greek and Roman gods were done in by Constantine (first blow) and Theodosius (final blow). The gods of Brazil were born in Africa and arrived in Brazil within the negreiros making the Middle Passage, a voyage which transported not only people, but a culture. There was a great attempt by the Brazilian poobahs to exterminate the gods of Africa in Brazil, but it didn’t work (João do Boi’s music is a manifestation of the rhythms for Cabila, or Cabula, deity of the hunt in the candomblé of Brazilian Bantus).
As the Roman emperors moved to extinguish the very real belief in Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, Minerva and the rest, banning the ceremonies to these deities, the Brazilian “authorities” banned the ceremonies devoted to Oxalá, Oxossi, Iansã… (continue…)
New Orleans is America’s Steam Valve. By which the rhythms of Africa entered the U.S.A. Filtered through Haiti, through Cuba, unfiltered…
No New Orleans? No Louis Armstrong. No Duke Ellington. No Benny Goodman. No Andrews Sisters. No Chuck Berry. No Elvis. No Charlie Parker. No Miles Davis. No Motown. No Rolling Stones. No Beatles. No Beyoncé… New Orleans is without a doubt the single most influential music city of all time.
Among many other things, music carries with it elements of the characters of the human souls from which it was drawn. Americans have a reputation for being brash, open. A walk. A talk. This is born out in American music and if not born of it it is joined at the hip with the music’s progenitors. The attitude, if it didn’t spread from New Orleans, was spread by it.
But as absolutely essential to American — and world — culture as it is, New Orleans remains an anomaly. Like Hong Kong to China and Singapore to Malaysia, it sits apart. On the edge. You have the elements of the culture where they’ve seeped in elsewhere, and you have the living, sighing culture itself. If that’s what you’re after…you’re just gonna have to not visit, but immerse yourself in the place. Easy to do. Settle back. Let the Big Easy’s sultry, laden atmosphere seep deep down into the marrow of your soul. Let it lighten your step and ease your stride. Let it whet your appetite for great food and good drink, amazing music and fascinating people.
New Orleans is a perfect Afro-Caribbean storm…
It’s certainly the most mysterious, and maybe even the most truly American city of them all. It’s also Salvador’s soul sister city. More to come…